Guide to the CARES Act and
HUD Funding Notices for PHAs
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ON:
- The eligible activities that can be funded with the monies provided under the CARES Act? (both Public Housing and Vouchers)
- Fungibility changes as a result of the CARES Act?
- Is the COCC affected by these changes?
- The impact to the Capital Fund program?
- How your PHA should account for and report on the use of these funds?
- What your PHA should consider in planning for the use of these funds?
The CARES Act provided additional supplemental funding to PHAs. The funding affects the Operating Fund and the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program. For HCV both Administrative Fees and HAP are impacted. On April 28, 2020, HUD issued PIH Notices 2020-07 (Operating Fund) and 2020-08 (HCV program.) Further, on Friday, May 1st, HUD conducted an online session to answer questions related to these funding notices.
Affordable Housing Forward (AH Forward) is providing separate 1-hour webinars on the Operating Fund and HCV Administrative Fees notices. Each webinar provides a summary of the information provided in the HUD Notice with an emphasis on the eligible uses and financial reporting requirements for these funds. The last 20 minutes of each webinar will be reserved for live Questions & Answers.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Housing Authority Executive Directors, Public Housing and HCV Supervisors, and Finance Directors.
SCHEDULE: Each topic will be presented in a live webinar. Dates and times are in the schedule below.
|Wednesday, May 13, 2020||11 am Pacific/ 2 pm Eastern||Public Housing Operating Fund|
|Thursday, May 14, 2020||11 am Pacific/ 2 pm Eastern||HCV Administrative Fees|
|Tuesday, May 19, 2020||9 am Pacific/ 12 pm Eastern||Public Housing Operating Fund|
|Wednesday, May 20, 2020||9 am Pacific/ 12 pm Eastern||HCV Administrative Fees|
FEE AND REGISTRATION
The fee for each webinar is $59. If an individual registers for both Webinars, the fee is $99 for both.